Raising a concern

Most problems can be sorted out quickly and easily, often at the time they arise with the person concerned and this may be the approach you try first.

Where you are not able to resolve your complaint in this way and wish to make a formal complaint you should do so, preferably in writing, as soon as possible after the event and ideally within a few days, as this helps us to establish what happened more easily, or within 12 months of you discovering that you need to complain so long as it isn’t greater than 12 months after the event.

If you are a registered patient you can complain about your own care. If you want to make a complaint about someone else’s treatment, you must obtain written authority from them before making the complaint.

Send your written complaint to:

Susan Lewis

Practice Manager
Llanfyllin Group Practice
High Street
Llanfyllin, Powys.
SY22 5DG

We look to settle Concerns as soon as possible.

We will acknowledge receipt within 4 working days, and aim to have looked into the matter within 30 working days. You may then receive a formal reply in writing, or you may be invited to meet with the person(s) concerned to attempt to resolve the issue. If the matter is likely to take longer than this, we will let you know, and keep you informed as the investigation progresses.

When looking into a complaint we attempt to see what happened and why, to see if there is something we can learn from this, and make it possible for you to discuss the issue with those involved if you would like to do so. When the investigations are complete your complaint will be determined and a final response sent to you.

Where your complaint involves more than one organisation (e.g. social services) we will liaise with that organisation so that you receive one coordinated reply. We may need your consent to do this. Where your complaint has been sent initially to an incorrect organisation, we may seek your consent to forward this to the correct person to deal with.

The final response letter will include details of the result of your complaint and also your right to escalate the matter further if you remain dissatisfied with the response.

If you are Dissatisfied with the Outcome

You have the right to approach the

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales

Ffordd yr Hen
CF35 5LI

Tel: 01656 641150

If you require help raising a concern

The Montgomeryshire Community Health Council can provide you with advice, support, and guide you through the process of making a complaint about the NHS.

Please contact

The Complaints Advocacy service of Montgomeryshire Community Health Council, on 01686 621052

NHS WalesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website