Are you prescribed regular medication?

If so, and if you do not have enough medication for the next 4 weeks, please request a prescription from your existing surgery so that you do not run out.

• Contact your current GP surgery and request a prescription. This can be dispensed at your usual pharmacy, or you can ask that they post the prescription to your new address and you can take it to a local pharmacy yourself.

• Your existing surgery may be able to fax your prescription to a nearby pharmacy, we can provide you with details of pharmacies in the area if needed. It may be necessary to check this with the pharmacy first, as pharmacies not permitted to dispense certain medicines against a faxed prescription.

• Please ask your existing surgery for a ‘leaver’s report’ and bring this is in to us. You should do this even if you have sufficient medication, as it will allow us to see what medicines you currently take. This may be important if you need urgent care whilst we wait for the transfer of your medical records. If you do not have a current surgery in the UK, or cannot recall your last surgery, then please contact Health in Wales, NHS England, NHS Inform Scotland or NI Direct Northern Ireland who will be able to locate your last registered practice.

• If you routinely take non-prescription medicines such as paracetamol, antihistamines or an antacid and you can't find an open pharmacy, then supermarkets, newsagents and petrol stations usually stock a basic range of over-the-counter medicines.

NHS WalesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website