***UPDATE ON ACCESSING THE PRACTICE FOR AN APPOINTMENT***
In light of the COVID pandemic the Practice had to make a number of changes across all of its services to ensure that we made every attempt to keep our team and patients as safe as possible. One of the measures introduced was controlled access at our front doors of each surgery. We did this to limit footfall, maintain social distancing and prevent anyone entering our surgeries who had not already spoken to one of our clinical team and been requested to attend from just walking in.
Whilst we are still working under the same social distancing and infection control regulations we recognise that it’s been challenging for patients to wait at the front door of each surgery to be granted access (if appropriate) and also challenging for our reception team to run continuously between their working areas and the front door so we took some time during our training time yesterday to review these arrangements as a team to see if we could look to make things a little easier for everyone.
Following this review we have agreed to trial not having our front doors locked but to ask patients to support us by only entering our surgeries under the following criteria:
- All patients entering our surgeries must have a pre booked appointment
- All patients entering our surgeries must not have tested positive for COVID in the last 10 days, must not have a household member with COVID and must not be experiencing any COVID symptoms
- We will not be booking any appointments at reception front desk at any surgery, for appointments or queries you must continue to telephone reception on 01691 648054
- Do not enter to collect medication at Four Crosses and Llanfyllin, please continue to collect from the medication collection points signed at each site.
- Llanrhaeadr patients can enter the surgery to collect medication due for collection that day.
- Ensure you follow social distancing requirements at all of our surgeries
- Do not enter any of our surgeries without wearing a face mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Please sanitise your hands when entering and leaving any of our surgeries
- Please attend your appointment alone unless you need the support of a carer
- Please use the self-check in unit at Llanfyllin and Four Crosses to check in for your appointment
- Seating in the waiting room is clearly marked to allow us to maintain social distancing, do not sit on any seat that is not marked as available please.
- Do not arrive too earlier or late for your appointment. Our appointments are staggered to ensure we do not have too many patients at any time in our waiting areas, arriving too late or early may breach our maximum patient numbers and also the clinician will not be able to see you outside of your appointment time
We very much hope these arrangements make things a little easier for everyone, we are though depending on patients adhering to our requests and hope that we can have everyone’s full support to ensure we can continue to work as safely as possible. We will keep these arrangements under review and will keep patients updated with any changes.
Flu vaccination campaign update – Tuesday 19th October
We are unable to take any further requests for flu vaccination appointments for those patients aged under 65 as we have now allocated all of our existing supply and that of our next order which is due in the practice w/c 29th November.
All patients aged under 65 who already have an appointment with the practice please note this appointment will go ahead as planned. All patients who are currently on our waiting list will be contacted by the practice to book an appointment either this week to use up existing stocks or once our next delivery scheduled w/c 29th November arrives.
We still have vaccine stocks available for patients aged 65 and over and you can continue to book these appointments by contacting reception on 01691 648054
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, despite increasing our vaccine order for this year’s campaign demand has far exceeded previous years and we are unable to obtain additional stocks.
Activity Date August 2021
If you need help finding a dentist, phone the Powys Dental Helpline on 01597 828815
***Urgent Practice Notice***
Self-management Programme for People with type 2 diabetes
- Ask the Expert – where you’ll have the multi-disciplinary team of the Leicester Diabetes Centre at your fingertips
- Track your activity levels and even link up to the Fitbit or Google Fit
- Track your weight, blood pressure, HbA1c, diet and cholesterol Set daily goals that fi t around your lifestyle
- Compete with others in our DESMOND community on the global leader boards
- Chat with members of the DESMOND community
- Invite your friends and family to join you in your journey Learn more about type 2 diabetes through our interactive learning and 9-weekly booster sessions
COVID-19 Visiting Your GP Surgery
Please wear face coverings. COVI-19 protections are still in place at this surgery.
5K Your Way - Move Against Cancer
We invite anyone who is living with, or beyond, cancer; families, griends, health professionals, to join us once a month walk, jog, run, cheer, or volunteer at a 5K Your Way - Move Against Cancer group inked with a local parkrun!
All ages and abilities are welcome. Lots of us will be walking.
Do as much or as little as you want. There is no need to walk the whole 5K
Important News re your data
Foodwise for Life
More information here
Get Help, Stay Safe
Information and support for older people experiencing abuse.
Please Remember: You Are Not Alone.
You may be worried about someone you care about. You may be desperate for help and support, but not sure where to turn. But please remember: You are not alone. Help and support is available. We know that seeking help can be incredibly difficult, but it is important that you get help if you need it. Please don’t suffer in silence. Find more information here.
Support for Virtual Fathers
Feel isolated as a father or need parenting support? For more information, please click here
PRACTICE ACTIVITY DATA MARCH 2021
Blue Badge Availability
Who is eligible for a blue badge?
Free Diabetes Pre-conception Advice
Do you have diabete? Do you want a baby?
Free pre-conception advice available for all Wales
Information on COVID-19 Vaccination in Powys
Mental Health Monitoring
Download the active Monitoring Leaflet here
Home Shouldn't be a Place of Fear
Chat to us confidentially on 07860 077333. More details here
The Mamwlad Project
The Mamwlad project, funded by the Welsh Government is delivered by Care & Repair in Powys and Age Cymru Powys. It is a service to help people over 50 in the farming community whether a farmer, farm worker or retired from farming to stay living at home safely and independently and to tackle loneliness and isolation.
Credu Connecting Carers
Looking after somone with a health condition and/or disability?
PRACTICE UPDATE - FACE COVERINGS
The practice are asking all patients to please wear a face covering when entering any of our surgeries - this does not apply when you are collecting you medication but we do ask that you to adhere to social distancing by queuing two metres apart
For more details on how to make your own face masks please visit https://gov.wales/face-coverings-frequently-asked-questions